Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Personality Test Analysis

A while back, I took at personality test and was mesmerized by the results because they were absolutely accurate. I want to celebrate the person I am, instead of the person I wish I were. Anyone who reads this will have great insight into how I think. I encourage others to take the test. It's definitely eye-opening. Feel free to post your results in a comment! The following information gleaned from: http://www.mypersonality.info/

As for me:

I fall under the category of ISFJ (Defender) personality type:

I-Introverted (79%)
Introversion is a preference to focus on the world inside the self. Introverts tend to be quiet, peaceful and deliberate and are not attracted to social interactions. They prefer activities they can do alone or with one other close friend, activities such as reading, writing, thinking, and inventing. Introverts find social gatherings draining. (I am advanced enough to do activities with one or two friends, but usually not many more than that. I do value my time alone and look forward to my opportunitites to not speak at all.)

Introvert Characteristics:
Energized by time alone
Private
Keeps to self
Quiet
Deliberate
Internally aware
Fewer friends
Prefer smaller groups
Independent
Not socially inclined
Enjoys solitude
Thinks before speaking (This would be an area I could work on.)

S-Sensing (74%)
Sensing refers to how people process data. Sensing people focus on the present, they are "here and now" people, who are factual and process information through the five senses. They see things as they are, they are concrete thinkers. (This seems an interesting contrast for me. I do find myself trying to solve the problem at hand, trying to discover what we can do now to prevent problems down the road.)

Sensing Characteristics
Concrete
Realistic
Lives in the present
Aware of surroundings
Notices details
Practical
Goes by senses
Factual

F-Feeling (68%)
Feeling refers to how people make decisions. Feeling people are subjective and make decisions based on principles and values. They are ruled by their heart instead of their head. Feeling people judge situations and others based on feelings and extenuating circumstances. (This seems opposite to the "sensing" aspect. Maybe this addresses issues that can be solved subjectively. I guess these type of people would be considered "tender-hearted". I am definitely interested in hearing everyone's story.)

Feeling Characteristics
Decides with heart
Dislikes conflict
Passionate
Driven by emotion
Gentle
Easily hurt
Empathetic
Caring of others
Warm (Another area that could use some work. I definitely feel all the above apply, but I have a hard time getting the information across because of the warmness factor.)

J-Judging (58%)
Judging is the preference outwardly displayed. Judging does not mean "judgmental". Judging people like order, organization and think sequentially. They like to have things planned and settled. Judging people seek closure. (This is absolutely accurate.)

Judging Characteristics
Decisive
Controlled
Good at finishing (Ummm, not good at finishing.)
Organized
Structured
Scheduled
Quick at tasks
Responsible
Likes closure
Makes plans

About the ISFJ - The "Defender":
ISFJs are traditional, loyal, quiet and kind. They are very sensitive to other people's needs because they are very observant. They have rich inner thoughts and emotions. They value stability and cultural norms. They are very adept at giving attention to detail. They do not seek positions of authority. (It took me a long time to learn that it was okay to not want to be the boss and to further realize that every good boss needed a good assistant.)

"ISFJs are characterized above all by their desire to serve others, their
"need to be needed." In extreme cases, this need is so strong that standard
give-and-take relationships are deeply unsatisfying to them; however, most ISFJs
find more than enough with which to occupy themselves within the framework of a
normal life." - ISFJ Profile (TypeLogic)

"modest, not confrontational, easily hurt, observer, prone to crying (I really dislike that about myself--it helped me see that I did not belong in the big corporate world. Most people do not realize that I am a crybaby at heart. I try to be very careful who I allow to see me that vulnerable.), not spontaneous (Who can be spontaneous with 3 children? Everytime we are, disaster ensues!)" - Jung Type Descriptions ISFJ) (similarminds.com)

"ISFJs have a rich inner world that is not usually obvious to observers.
They constantly take in information about people and situations that is
personally important to them, and store it away. This tremendous store of
information is usually startlingly accurate, because the ISFJ has an exceptional
memory about things that are important to their value systems. It would not be
uncommon for the ISFJ to remember a particular facial expression or conversation
in precise detail years after..." - Portrait of an ISFJ (The Personality Page) (This is alarmingly accurate.)

"The primary desire of the Protector SJ is to be of service to others, but here "service" means not so much furnishing others with the necessities of life, as guarding others against life's pitfalls and perils, that is, seeing to their safety and security." - The Portrait of the Protector Guardian (iSfJ) (Keirsey)

"At work, ISFJs contribute loyal, sympathetic, consistent, and considerate
service to others. They are know for their kindness and for their willingness to
go to any length to help those in need. They take the practical needs of people
into account when they do their work, and their strong follow-through skills
allow them to carry out organizational goals. They do at least what is expected
to them and oftentimes more, without attracting attention to themselves. They
are painstaking and responsible with detail and routine, and feel it is important to have the right things in the right places at the right times." - ISFJ - The Nurturer (Lifexplore)


No comments: