Monday, October 09, 2006

10/09/2006

Things have sure slowed down on my blog. Finally. I like the blogging format, but with a diary site like www.inthewire.com or www.opendiary.com, you can really limit who sees what. You can make entries Private, Friends Only, Favorites Only and limit exactly who can comment and who can't. That's probably what I should have done, except I wanted the input of the people who usually read my blog. Oh well. I guess I could use my diaries to really talk about Brian and other things that I'm sure that I don't want everyone who knows me to know.

Brian has been working a ton of hours with this outage that just started late last week; he had nearly 40 hours of overtime last week. I am so thankful that he gets paid that overtime.

I have been working on a schedule to get things running smoother since it seems we have a ton of things that we are involved in. Between 2 Bible studies and my fitness classes and Kid's Day Out and Mom's Night Out and MOPS and on and on and on...I need a different schedule for each day of the week so I can balance working out with cleaning the house and making sure that the girls get up and take naps at the appropriate times, blah, blah, blah. I'm going to make a schedule for each day of the week and then I'm going to put it in my FlyLady Control Journal. And I'm going to use it.

My Body Blast class on Saturday was MURDER. It was terrible. I wanted to leave and quit and never, never, ever come back. But I didn't. Mostly because my trainer was watching the girls for me so that I could go in the first place. Any class that starts out with me running laps is never good. I hate to run. Running is the worst thing in the world. I can't think of anything I'd rather do less...than run. Brian thinks it's fun. Sick, I know. I did go to the gym this morning with the girls. I really hate taking them to the childcare there. It is not up to the standard that I'm used to for child care. There's nothing wrong with it, exactly, except there seems to be a bunch of forlorn-looking kids waiting, barely being supervised, while their parents work out. I do the bare minimum workout when they are there with me and then leave. I tried to get my abs in at home with my Mari Windsor Pilates Ab workout, but Lily wouldn't stop crawling all over me. Now my overall fitness has definitely improved, but not so much that I can do abdominal exercises with a 30# child sitting on my chest.

Today started at just after 6am, which is incredibly early for me. I am not an early riser, nor am I am morning person. I also did not sleep well last night after going to bed at 11:30pm. But I've gotten so much accomplished today. I started out the day reading my Bible. (Which I never do. I almost always read it at night or during the girls' naptime.) I was very behind on laundry; now I'm caught up. The living room has been dusted and vacuumed. I went and worked out. I've got a plan for supper and am just about to start implementing it. The kitchen is clean and the checkbook is balanced. Brian came home in the middle of the day so I didn't work this afternoon again, but he'll be working tonight and after Bible Study, so will I. I am way behind and need to get caught up. And since I got up early, hopefully, I can go to bed early and sleep better.

Maybe tomorrow will go as well.

1 comment:

leisa said...

Girl, you are a straight-up social butterfly. It didn't take you anytime to get active. :)

So what Bible studies are you doing?

How's it going with the schedules? I'm working on the same thing myself. Have been since September 2003. Still don't have it down yet.

lol

And I'm actually serious. Pitiful huh?