Monday, September 18, 2006

Meltdown Mode

It hasn't actually happened yet...but I'm getting close. The house is a wreck, the girls are sick and cranky with noses running everywhere and I've got to get things together to be gone for several days and make sure that the house is relatively clean and organized so I won't be embarrassed when Brian's parents come (even though I won't even be here) and make sure there is food in the house, ready to eat, so Brian won't be tempted to go out every meal. Whew! That looks just as bad all written out.

One of the things that I don't like about this house is that if there is just a few things not put where they go, the whole place looks like a disaster. Oh, and the fact that we're still waiting for the carpet to be replaced upstairs and the downstairs bathroom has this very nasty smell due to the major leak that was coming from the upstairs bathroom. We have ants that come and feast on Darcy's crumbs before the meal is even over. But other than that...it's not too bad a place. On the outskirts of town, Brian and I found some new townhouse-looking apartments. He wants to check them out, but I told him that I'm not moving from one apartment to another. The next time I move, it's going to be into a house and for a long while. Once they get everything taken care of in this place, it won't be too bad. Oh, and when we get some things up on the walls.

Deep breath. I can do this.

No comments: