Tuesday, August 29, 2006

We have settled in, more or less. I've had to do some extremely creative things in terms of finding a place for everything. (One creative thing involved carrying the item to the dumpster.) We are definitely not used to living this small. Well, with the kids, anyway. I have decided that there is a fine line between cramped and cozy. Brian says it's crozy...I think it's crazy. Well, that's how I felt with 500 boxes stacked up to the ceiling in every available spot. Since we have moved in, I have only cooked one meal. I have not worked out (completely) the girls' new schedule. For the first time ever, I was wishing that Darcy was ready to go to one nap a day.

We have found a church that I think will end up meeting our needs. This church is full of the one of the things that we are growing to love about this town....everyone is so very friendly. They're friendly at McDonalds (that girl was downright bubbly) and really know the meaning of the word (phrase?) Customer Service at......Wal-Mart. No, really. It was at Wal-Mart. Two guys carried my groceries out and loaded them up in the car...and said it was "their pleasure". Amazing.

The church is growing and seems to be about the size of our other church which is pretty amazing in itself because this town has about 18,000 people, and this is not one of the biggest churches in town. They have every kind of ministry that you could possibly think of and they are really seeking God's will. Brian doesn't want to commit to them until we visit some other churches, but even if we do visit some place else, I think we'll end up back here.

The girls finally are asleep...for some reason Lily can't take a nap without a spanking these days. Oh, here's a very funny story. Lily has taken to removing some of her clothes when she is in bed. Sometimes it's just her short or shoes or her shirt. Last night, after the girls had gone to sleep and before Brian and I were going to bed, I went in there to cover them up. I pulled back the cover on Lily and she was as naked as she could be!!! She had taken her nightgown off and her diaper. Needless to say, we had to get her up, dress her again and change the bed. Imagine my surpise to see that child naked as a jaybird under that blanket. It gave me a laugh that I definitely needed.

7 comments:

The Spa Enthusiest! said...

Lol..I am laughing..so hard...I can't imagine seeing her naked...sleeping.

Im glad you are pretty much settled in,and we have been thinking about you guys so much,and can't wait till you come visit, so we can hug all your necks....keep in touch....

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're blogging! I'm going to love hearing how those sweet girls are doing and staying in touch with you and brian, too! Oh, by the way, there's nothing wrong with sleeping naked!!!! :)
love, guess who??

Lindsay said...

Girl, it's great to hear from you! So glad you're blogging, and we'll definitely be keeping up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Georgia,
I was thinking about you today and realized I had no contact info other than your email. I was excited to hear from you, and I am with "guess who" no problem with sleeping naked if it feels comfortable. Ethan is going through the same thing. I just think he is hot natured. He woke up sweating from his nap today. The only problem is if they are sleeping naked and not potty trained. Find a waterproof sheet quick!!!

Glad to hear that you have found a church you like. Wow, customer service at Wally world...must be a really small town. Enjoy your "crozy" place. Small spaces are nice to bring a family a little closer...no pun intended.
Miss you!
Fay

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, cute blog!! Loved getting to talk to you the other day. I'm not really good at blogging--don't have that much computer time. I'm still in the old school, so call me any time!

Anonymous said...

Hi there Woman!
I am thrilled to hear that the town is so friendly which should help a great deal in getting back out there and into the social circles.
I do not know what it is about two year olds but I remember when my brother and sister went through a naked stage. My brother also went through a "peeing on inanimate objects and occasionally people" stage, too.
Beware the naked toddler.
LOL
Love,
Kellie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad yall are doing OK and found a cool church. Can you send that Manager of Wal-Mart to beaumont???? We miss you and I especially miss your quick wit and tell-it-like-it-is humor!!!!!!