Friday, September 03, 2010

My Future New Boots

I love shoes. I really, really do. But I have a pretty large foot and since I'm the mother of 4 children, all of whom I have carried in my body, my feet are even harder to fit than they used to be.

All that aside, I want these boots. The burgundy pair.

I was very nearly panting over them. Not "panting" as in putting pants on so I could run out and buy them. No. I was breathing hard. Downright lusting. I told Brian that if I weren't married, I would definitely consider buying them a drink.

They're expensive. Yes. But I could wear them in the rain and keep my feet dry. If I could have these boots, I would even wear them to bed. Unlike my kids, when I buy a pair of shoes, it could actually be a life-long relationship. Oh, I really, really, really need these boots.

Oooh, maybe I can use my commissions from my best scrapbook-selling month ever to buy the boots.

Whatever it takes, gotta have those things.

10 comments:

Shanon said...

You and Heather and your shoe lust! She walked into Jimmy Choo at the Galleria just to "smell the shoes". And she's just as hard to fit. Girl, find you a way to get those boots! You deserve them!

Julie, Alex, Cooper & Melody said...

Love those boots as well, and you'd look GOOD in those boots. But, let me say, the technical color name is Cordovan, not burgundy - please appropriately correct your post, as I am quite offended by your reckless use of incorrect hue terminology.

Georgia said...

Julie,

You must be one of those "detail" people. You probably think there's a difference between a eighth note and a quarter note or a C and C-sharp. One of those people no one can please. Not anyone. :(

But don't those boots look good?!

Shanon...you should introduce your girl to DSW. Designer Shoe Warehouse, emphasis on the Warehouse! And very fabulous shoes, even for girls like us!

Marla said...

I don't share your shoe obsession. I think I have about 2-3 pairs of shoes total. I wear them until they die and then replace.
But I have my own obsessions, so I say if you have the money from your scrapbooking then go for it (with Brian's approval of course... and they may come with an eye roll, but still approved right!)

Crystal said...

I wish I could be as honest as you! Seriously, the things you say make the rest of us feel better... not because we ARE better, but because we realize that we are not the only ones that want to sell our kids CHEAP (haha!) sometimes, that life isn't always perfect, that WE aren't always perfect... <3 it, Georgia!

Georgia said...

Okay, but are you saying the boots are not fabulous?

Marla said...

Oh no! The boots are fabulous! I just don't share your love of shoes. They would be great on you!! If I loved shoes, I would love those boots!

Oilfield Trash said...

I seem to remember the first thing I ever said to you was about your big feet.

Justin.

Georgia said...

Oh, Justin. Always a charmer!

Shanon said...

We discovered DSW in Houston when we went in July. There's one right across from the Galleria. She got 2 new pair there. She fairly passed out from sheer joy when we went in. Acres upon acres of shoes!