- I signed up to become a Close To My Heart scrapbooking consultant because Brian and I were convinced we would be moving back to the Beaumont area. I thought that would be an excellent area to introduce people who didn't know how much fun scrapbooking could be. The new job didn't happen, but I was already in. Teaching scrapbooking and card classes wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Some people seem to actually enjoy it which makes me feel good!
- I actually completed the binding on Darcy's quilt so she could use it. Not nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be. Just took a couple of days of stitching.
- We found out we are having a boy. I don't know that I'll be entirely convinced until I actually see it for myself. Although 2 doctors and an ultrasound tech have reassured me that I am indeed carrying The Welch Heir. Finding out this information was very exciting as I was at the maternal-fetal specialist making I sure I wasn't having serious problems and I got this news first. Then the doctor told me all was well on the inside. Double blessings.
- We have moved to Granbury which seems to suit us better. Of course, leaving the old house was a stick in the eye of gigantic proportions. Who would have thought that a two-year relationship would end like it did? As a person who does not prefer confrontation and must be pushed, pushed, pushed to that end, I cannot believe the accusations that were leveled at us. We were accused of abandoning the property because we were not all out by the time we had indicated in writing, which was 2 weeks before the end of the lease. Even though we still had stuff there. Even though Brian had called and informed her that we would need more days, and she agreed. Our deposit was hacked to pieces for "expenses" incurred during our first year of residence. A plumbing expense we would have gladly paid at the time. Et cetera. It was not going to be worth all the hassle, and we certainly didn't want to preserve a relationship with them. In fact, I hope I never see that affected, marytred, woe-is-me woman again. Ever.
- And now we are in a new rental house in Granbury. In which the owners have filed bankruptcy. We like the house and think it would be a good fit for us for a while, but I am hoping that the bankruptcy court does not cancel our rental agreement, as they are within their power to do.
Well, that's enough for right now. Life is moving on and I am less than 6 weeks away from my scheduled delivery date. I am not ready for the baby, and don't have the energy to get ready. Brian's plate is fairly full as it is, picking up my slack. But what a guy. He never complains, but assures me that things will be better soon.