Thursday, June 11, 2009

Late Night, Early Morning

I am a night owl. I have always preferred to stay up late and sleep in. The more our numbers increase, the harder it gets to indulge. It doesn't help that I take big naps in the afternoon with the girls and just can't go to sleep until the wee hours.

Last night, it was 2:30am. Why? I was watching my newly arrived Netflix DVD, Grey's Anatomy. I started with watching only one and felt compelled to watch all of them on the DVD. I initially ordered it wondering what all the fuss was about, and now I know, and I have been sufficiently sucked in. This was after watching the other movie with Brian that also arrived yesterday. This is what we do instead of watching TV. We don't have TV. No cable. This is what we do for entertainment.

But of course, my girls were up-and-at-'em early. We have reworked the sleeping arrangements so that things will go smoother at night, but failed to establish rules for in the morning. My earliest bird decided to go into her sister's room, turn on the lamp and start playing with the loudest toy in there. Needless to say, that sister was unhappy. She came and woke me up to report that she couldn't go back to sleep. Not the way I wanted to start my day. Actually, starting my day the way I want is pretty unlikely on a weekday.

But I am feeling more motivated than usual to trudge through putting my house together. I just cannot stand the way it is right now. I will put my little crumb-snatchers to work to help minimize my exertion, and thus, my contractions.

No comments: